Apr 16, 2010, 7:42 AM EDT
Scott Kazmir came off the disabled list Thursday night and made his season debut against the Yankees, looking terrible while allowing six runs on eight hits and three walks in four innings.
He managed just two strikeouts and served up seven total extra-base hits, including three homers. Kazmir has looked like a shell of his former self dating back to last season, with both his velocity and strikeouts declining significantly.
Sadly, it seems possible that his once-dominant stuff may be gone for good at age 26. He’ll try to bounce back next week against the Tigers.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)