Apr 17, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ramirez is not in Saturday’s starting lineup, according to Jon Weisman of ESPNLosAngeles.com. Garret Anderson will start in left field.
11:23 AM: Manny Ramirez exited Friday’s game against the Giants after three innings due to tightness in his right calf, reports Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Joe Torre acknowledged that he was removed simply for precautionary reasons, as the Dodgers held a seven-run lead at the time. According to Jackson, Ramirez may be in the starting lineup on Saturday, though he was originally expected to be given a scheduled day off.
Ramirez, who turns 38 in May, is batting .355 (11-for-31) with one home run and eight RBI this season.
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 24
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)