Apr 17, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ramirez is not in Saturday’s starting lineup, according to Jon Weisman of ESPNLosAngeles.com. Garret Anderson will start in left field.
11:23 AM: Manny Ramirez exited Friday’s game against the Giants after three innings due to tightness in his right calf, reports Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Joe Torre acknowledged that he was removed simply for precautionary reasons, as the Dodgers held a seven-run lead at the time. According to Jackson, Ramirez may be in the starting lineup on Saturday, though he was originally expected to be given a scheduled day off.
Ramirez, who turns 38 in May, is batting .355 (11-for-31) with one home run and eight RBI this season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)