Apr 17, 2010, 1:40 PM EST
UPDATE: Ramirez is not in Saturday’s starting lineup, according to Jon Weisman of ESPNLosAngeles.com. Garret Anderson will start in left field.
11:23 AM: Manny Ramirez exited Friday’s game against the Giants after three innings due to tightness in his right calf, reports Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Joe Torre acknowledged that he was removed simply for precautionary reasons, as the Dodgers held a seven-run lead at the time. According to Jackson, Ramirez may be in the starting lineup on Saturday, though he was originally expected to be given a scheduled day off.
Ramirez, who turns 38 in May, is batting .355 (11-for-31) with one home run and eight RBI this season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)