Apr 17, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ramirez is not in Saturday’s starting lineup, according to Jon Weisman of ESPNLosAngeles.com. Garret Anderson will start in left field.
11:23 AM: Manny Ramirez exited Friday’s game against the Giants after three innings due to tightness in his right calf, reports Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Joe Torre acknowledged that he was removed simply for precautionary reasons, as the Dodgers held a seven-run lead at the time. According to Jackson, Ramirez may be in the starting lineup on Saturday, though he was originally expected to be given a scheduled day off.
Ramirez, who turns 38 in May, is batting .355 (11-for-31) with one home run and eight RBI this season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)