Apr 17, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ramirez is not in Saturday’s starting lineup, according to Jon Weisman of ESPNLosAngeles.com. Garret Anderson will start in left field.
11:23 AM: Manny Ramirez exited Friday’s game against the Giants after three innings due to tightness in his right calf, reports Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Joe Torre acknowledged that he was removed simply for precautionary reasons, as the Dodgers held a seven-run lead at the time. According to Jackson, Ramirez may be in the starting lineup on Saturday, though he was originally expected to be given a scheduled day off.
Ramirez, who turns 38 in May, is batting .355 (11-for-31) with one home run and eight RBI this season.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (352)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)