Apr 17, 2010, 11:05 PM EDT
FOX certainly picked the right game of the week this time.
The Mets and Cardinals went scoreless for 18 inning Saturday before Jeff Francoeur’s sac fly off position player Joe Mather in the top of the 19th.
But that still wasn’t enough baseball for the teams. Francisco Rodriguez, held in reserve for 6 1/2 hours, blew the save in the 19th on an Albert Pujols double and a Yadier Molina RBI single.
That took the game to the 20th, where the Mets were finally able to finish it. Jose Reyes delivered a sac fly that scored Angel Pagan in the top of the frame, and Mike Pelfrey pitched a scoreless bottom of the inning for his first career save.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 37
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 25
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)