Apr 17, 2010, 11:05 PM EST
FOX certainly picked the right game of the week this time.
The Mets and Cardinals went scoreless for 18 inning Saturday before Jeff Francoeur’s sac fly off position player Joe Mather in the top of the 19th.
But that still wasn’t enough baseball for the teams. Francisco Rodriguez, held in reserve for 6 1/2 hours, blew the save in the 19th on an Albert Pujols double and a Yadier Molina RBI single.
That took the game to the 20th, where the Mets were finally able to finish it. Jose Reyes delivered a sac fly that scored Angel Pagan in the top of the frame, and Mike Pelfrey pitched a scoreless bottom of the inning for his first career save.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)