Apr 17, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
The Red Sox and Rays were tied at 1-1 heading into the bottom of the ninth on Friday night before the game was delayed to rain. After waiting it out for 63 minutes, the game was suspended and will resume at 7:10 pm ET on Saturday.
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, it was the first suspended game for the Red Sox since May 3, 1996. The slumping David Ortiz was pretty bummed about the whole thing.
“I got sad,” Ortiz said. “I was ready to hit a walkoff.’‘
Ortiz is schedule to lead off against Lance Cormier on Saturday evening, with Adrian Beltre and Jeremy Hermida to follow.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 60
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)