Apr 17, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
The Red Sox and Rays were tied at 1-1 heading into the bottom of the ninth on Friday night before the game was delayed to rain. After waiting it out for 63 minutes, the game was suspended and will resume at 7:10 pm ET on Saturday.
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, it was the first suspended game for the Red Sox since May 3, 1996. The slumping David Ortiz was pretty bummed about the whole thing.
“I got sad,” Ortiz said. “I was ready to hit a walkoff.’‘
Ortiz is schedule to lead off against Lance Cormier on Saturday evening, with Adrian Beltre and Jeremy Hermida to follow.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 88
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)