Apr 17, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Before Friday’s game against the Cardinals, Mets manager Jerry Manuel seemed to backpedal about the possibility of moving Jose Reyes to the No. 3 spot in the batting order anytime soon, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com.
“I’m going to reserve that a little bit until he feels comfortable,
until he feels good about it,” Manuel said. “It’s just a matter of
putting some things in place with the pieces that we have.”
Sounds like some lobbying by Jeff Francoeur paid off. Angel Pagan would be the obvious replacement in the leadoff spot, however he has just one hit in his last 14 at-bats while Gary Matthews Jr. is, well, Gary Matthews Jr.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)