Apr 17, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Before Friday’s game against the Cardinals, Mets manager Jerry Manuel seemed to backpedal about the possibility of moving Jose Reyes to the No. 3 spot in the batting order anytime soon, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com.
“I’m going to reserve that a little bit until he feels comfortable,
until he feels good about it,” Manuel said. “It’s just a matter of
putting some things in place with the pieces that we have.”
Sounds like some lobbying by Jeff Francoeur paid off. Angel Pagan would be the obvious replacement in the leadoff spot, however he has just one hit in his last 14 at-bats while Gary Matthews Jr. is, well, Gary Matthews Jr.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106