Apr 17, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman returned to the starting lineup for the Nationals on Saturday afternoon against the Brewers, batting third against left-hander Randy Wolf. Zimmerman had been sidelined since last Saturday due to a tight left hamstring, though he did have two pinch-hit appearances this week, including a home run against the Phillies on Thursday.
As of Saturday’s game, Zimmerman was batting .238 (5-for-21) with one home run and four RBI to begin the year.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Matt Holliday will be in the starting lineup against Johan Santana and the Mets on Saturday afternoon. Holliday missed Friday’s game due to illness.
Holliday is batting .297 (11-for-37) with three homers and six RBI so far this season.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72