Apr 17, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman returned to the starting lineup for the Nationals on Saturday afternoon against the Brewers, batting third against left-hander Randy Wolf. Zimmerman had been sidelined since last Saturday due to a tight left hamstring, though he did have two pinch-hit appearances this week, including a home run against the Phillies on Thursday.
As of Saturday’s game, Zimmerman was batting .238 (5-for-21) with one home run and four RBI to begin the year.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Matt Holliday will be in the starting lineup against Johan Santana and the Mets on Saturday afternoon. Holliday missed Friday’s game due to illness.
Holliday is batting .297 (11-for-37) with three homers and six RBI so far this season.
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 14
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 87
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)