Apr 17, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman returned to the starting lineup for the Nationals on Saturday afternoon against the Brewers, batting third against left-hander Randy Wolf. Zimmerman had been sidelined since last Saturday due to a tight left hamstring, though he did have two pinch-hit appearances this week, including a home run against the Phillies on Thursday.
As of Saturday’s game, Zimmerman was batting .238 (5-for-21) with one home run and four RBI to begin the year.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Matt Holliday will be in the starting lineup against Johan Santana and the Mets on Saturday afternoon. Holliday missed Friday’s game due to illness.
Holliday is batting .297 (11-for-37) with three homers and six RBI so far this season.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (191)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)