Apr 17, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman returned to the starting lineup for the Nationals on Saturday afternoon against the Brewers, batting third against left-hander Randy Wolf. Zimmerman had been sidelined since last Saturday due to a tight left hamstring, though he did have two pinch-hit appearances this week, including a home run against the Phillies on Thursday.
As of Saturday’s game, Zimmerman was batting .238 (5-for-21) with one home run and four RBI to begin the year.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Matt Holliday will be in the starting lineup against Johan Santana and the Mets on Saturday afternoon. Holliday missed Friday’s game due to illness.
Holliday is batting .297 (11-for-37) with three homers and six RBI so far this season.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)