Apr 18, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
D.J. reported yesterday about Aaron Rowand’s crack to the face and presumed that it would lead to a trip to the DL. Now that trip is official: Rowand was placed on the disabled list and is expected to miss 2-3 weeks. The time on the DL is probably just as much if not more necessary for the concussion he suffered as it is for the cheekbone fracture.
Rowand’s loss will likely lead to a lot of playing time for Eugenio Velez, who is 7 for his first 17 with a couple of home runs so far this year, including a great night last night: 3 for 5 with a walk, a double and an RBI as the Giants beat the Dodgers 9-0. He’s not that good, obviously, but the falloff from Rowand to Velez is not so great that it should halt San Francisco’s early season momentum.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 26
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)