Apr 18, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
D.J. reported yesterday about Aaron Rowand’s crack to the face and presumed that it would lead to a trip to the DL. Now that trip is official: Rowand was placed on the disabled list and is expected to miss 2-3 weeks. The time on the DL is probably just as much if not more necessary for the concussion he suffered as it is for the cheekbone fracture.
Rowand’s loss will likely lead to a lot of playing time for Eugenio Velez, who is 7 for his first 17 with a couple of home runs so far this year, including a great night last night: 3 for 5 with a walk, a double and an RBI as the Giants beat the Dodgers 9-0. He’s not that good, obviously, but the falloff from Rowand to Velez is not so great that it should halt San Francisco’s early season momentum.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)