Apr 19, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
The Indians are going to activate Russell Branyan from the 15-day DL
before tomorrow’s game in Minnesota and will install him at first base. That means Matt LaPorta
will head to left and rookie Michael Brantley will head down I-71 to beautiful Columbus, Ohio. Don’t forget to stop at Grandpa’s Cheese Barn at Exit 186, Michael! Yum!
Brantley is a promising young fellow, but he’s started the season 5 for 32, and that’s not going to cut it, even on a team with little in the way of aspirations like the Indians. Branyan’s late 2009 and early 2010 injuries are cause for concern, but he says he feels good now, and even if he only has half the power he had for Seattle last year, he’ll improve the Indians’ offense.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 58
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 233
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (232)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)