Apr 19, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
The Indians are going to activate Russell Branyan from the 15-day DL
before tomorrow’s game in Minnesota and will install him at first base. That means Matt LaPorta
will head to left and rookie Michael Brantley will head down I-71 to beautiful Columbus, Ohio. Don’t forget to stop at Grandpa’s Cheese Barn at Exit 186, Michael! Yum!
Brantley is a promising young fellow, but he’s started the season 5 for 32, and that’s not going to cut it, even on a team with little in the way of aspirations like the Indians. Branyan’s late 2009 and early 2010 injuries are cause for concern, but he says he feels good now, and even if he only has half the power he had for Seattle last year, he’ll improve the Indians’ offense.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 25
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)