Apr 19, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
The Indians are going to activate Russell Branyan from the 15-day DL
before tomorrow’s game in Minnesota and will install him at first base. That means Matt LaPorta
will head to left and rookie Michael Brantley will head down I-71 to beautiful Columbus, Ohio. Don’t forget to stop at Grandpa’s Cheese Barn at Exit 186, Michael! Yum!
Brantley is a promising young fellow, but he’s started the season 5 for 32, and that’s not going to cut it, even on a team with little in the way of aspirations like the Indians. Branyan’s late 2009 and early 2010 injuries are cause for concern, but he says he feels good now, and even if he only has half the power he had for Seattle last year, he’ll improve the Indians’ offense.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)