Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 AM EST
Mike Cameron was in the original lineup for this morning’s Red Sox-Rays game — remember: 11:05 A.M. start due to the Patriots’ Day thing they do in Boston! — but was scratched a few
minutes after he arrived in the clubhouse and replaced in centerfield
by Bill Hall.
The thinking right now is that Cameron — who passed a kidney stone on Friday — is passing another one due to the similar
symptoms. As we speak he’s at Massachusetts General Hospital, having a way worse time than you are no matter what it is you’re doing today.
If previous Patriots’ Days are any guide, Cameron will soon be joined at Mass General by hundreds of college-age kids suffering any number of illnesses and injuries occasioned by starting to drink at 7AM.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 62
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 93
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 17
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (103)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)