Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 AM EST
Mike Cameron was in the original lineup for this morning’s Red Sox-Rays game — remember: 11:05 A.M. start due to the Patriots’ Day thing they do in Boston! — but was scratched a few
minutes after he arrived in the clubhouse and replaced in centerfield
by Bill Hall.
The thinking right now is that Cameron — who passed a kidney stone on Friday — is passing another one due to the similar
symptoms. As we speak he’s at Massachusetts General Hospital, having a way worse time than you are no matter what it is you’re doing today.
If previous Patriots’ Days are any guide, Cameron will soon be joined at Mass General by hundreds of college-age kids suffering any number of illnesses and injuries occasioned by starting to drink at 7AM.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 38
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)