Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
Mike Cameron was in the original lineup for this morning’s Red Sox-Rays game — remember: 11:05 A.M. start due to the Patriots’ Day thing they do in Boston! — but was scratched a few
minutes after he arrived in the clubhouse and replaced in centerfield
by Bill Hall.
The thinking right now is that Cameron — who passed a kidney stone on Friday — is passing another one due to the similar
symptoms. As we speak he’s at Massachusetts General Hospital, having a way worse time than you are no matter what it is you’re doing today.
If previous Patriots’ Days are any guide, Cameron will soon be joined at Mass General by hundreds of college-age kids suffering any number of illnesses and injuries occasioned by starting to drink at 7AM.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 12
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)