Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
Mike Cameron was in the original lineup for this morning’s Red Sox-Rays game — remember: 11:05 A.M. start due to the Patriots’ Day thing they do in Boston! — but was scratched a few
minutes after he arrived in the clubhouse and replaced in centerfield
by Bill Hall.
The thinking right now is that Cameron — who passed a kidney stone on Friday — is passing another one due to the similar
symptoms. As we speak he’s at Massachusetts General Hospital, having a way worse time than you are no matter what it is you’re doing today.
If previous Patriots’ Days are any guide, Cameron will soon be joined at Mass General by hundreds of college-age kids suffering any number of illnesses and injuries occasioned by starting to drink at 7AM.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)