Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
Mike Cameron was in the original lineup for this morning’s Red Sox-Rays game — remember: 11:05 A.M. start due to the Patriots’ Day thing they do in Boston! — but was scratched a few
minutes after he arrived in the clubhouse and replaced in centerfield
by Bill Hall.
The thinking right now is that Cameron — who passed a kidney stone on Friday — is passing another one due to the similar
symptoms. As we speak he’s at Massachusetts General Hospital, having a way worse time than you are no matter what it is you’re doing today.
If previous Patriots’ Days are any guide, Cameron will soon be joined at Mass General by hundreds of college-age kids suffering any number of illnesses and injuries occasioned by starting to drink at 7AM.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)