Apr 19, 2010, 8:44 AM EDT
Rich Harden looked horrible again Sunday versus the Yankees, lasting just 3.2 innings while allowing four runs on five hits and six walks.
He managed five strikeouts, giving him 15 in 13 innings overall this season, but Harden has also handed out 14 walks and more importantly his raw stuff looks underwhelming after years of still being able to overpower hitters despite never-ending arm problems.
Texas signing Harden to an incentive-laden contract with a team option for 2011 struck me as a smart gamble this offseason, but it’s looking more and more like all the injuries may have finally caught up with him. Harden’s fastball velocity has gone from 94.4 miles per hour in 2004/2005 and 93.6 mph in 2006/2007 to 92.1 mph in 2008/2009 and barely above 90 mph so far this year.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)