Apr 20, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Really. We’re 12 or 13 games into the season, and you can already vote for All-Stars. It’s no different than every year, I suppose, but ever year I continue to be shocked that some guys are going to make the mid-summer classic based on stuff they did in the first two or three weeks of the season.
Of course, if the All-Star ballots didn’t go out, both in paper and electronic form, baseball would be deprived of all of those marketing tie-in opportunities. Which is fine, because everyone is entitled to make a buck. Just understand that when the lineups are announced and some real head-scratchers appear.
Sometimes the voters truly are dumb about the All-Star ballots. Sometimes they simply don’t have all the information because they’re voting way too early.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)