Apr 20, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Really. We’re 12 or 13 games into the season, and you can already vote for All-Stars. It’s no different than every year, I suppose, but ever year I continue to be shocked that some guys are going to make the mid-summer classic based on stuff they did in the first two or three weeks of the season.
Of course, if the All-Star ballots didn’t go out, both in paper and electronic form, baseball would be deprived of all of those marketing tie-in opportunities. Which is fine, because everyone is entitled to make a buck. Just understand that when the lineups are announced and some real head-scratchers appear.
Sometimes the voters truly are dumb about the All-Star ballots. Sometimes they simply don’t have all the information because they’re voting way too early.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (101)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)