Apr 20, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
The Denver Post is reporting that Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was
found dead in his hotel room this morning. The specific cause of death is not known yet, but police are saying that it was natural causes.
McGregor is likely more well-known nationally for playing tight end for the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks, but he’s been with the Rockies since they began play in 1993, starting out as their senior director of operations. He’s a major figure in the Denver area, both for his work with the Rockies and for his work in the community.
He and his wife have four children. Pray for them if you’re the praying type, think of them if you’re not.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)