Apr 20, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
The Denver Post is reporting that Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was
found dead in his hotel room this morning. The specific cause of death is not known yet, but police are saying that it was natural causes.
McGregor is likely more well-known nationally for playing tight end for the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks, but he’s been with the Rockies since they began play in 1993, starting out as their senior director of operations. He’s a major figure in the Denver area, both for his work with the Rockies and for his work in the community.
He and his wife have four children. Pray for them if you’re the praying type, think of them if you’re not.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (162)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)