Apr 20, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Denver Post is reporting that Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was
found dead in his hotel room this morning. The specific cause of death is not known yet, but police are saying that it was natural causes.
McGregor is likely more well-known nationally for playing tight end for the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks, but he’s been with the Rockies since they began play in 1993, starting out as their senior director of operations. He’s a major figure in the Denver area, both for his work with the Rockies and for his work in the community.
He and his wife have four children. Pray for them if you’re the praying type, think of them if you’re not.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)