Apr 20, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Denver Post is reporting that Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was
found dead in his hotel room this morning. The specific cause of death is not known yet, but police are saying that it was natural causes.
McGregor is likely more well-known nationally for playing tight end for the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks, but he’s been with the Rockies since they began play in 1993, starting out as their senior director of operations. He’s a major figure in the Denver area, both for his work with the Rockies and for his work in the community.
He and his wife have four children. Pray for them if you’re the praying type, think of them if you’re not.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 33
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23