Apr 20, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Denver Post is reporting that Colorado Rockies President Keli McGregor was
found dead in his hotel room this morning. The specific cause of death is not known yet, but police are saying that it was natural causes.
McGregor is likely more well-known nationally for playing tight end for the Broncos, Colts and Seahawks, but he’s been with the Rockies since they began play in 1993, starting out as their senior director of operations. He’s a major figure in the Denver area, both for his work with the Rockies and for his work in the community.
He and his wife have four children. Pray for them if you’re the praying type, think of them if you’re not.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 34
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 9
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)