Apr 20, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: Gordon Edes of ESPN is reporting that Cameron’s strain is actually a tear — akin to a sports hernia, he says — and that it may require surgery. If so, he’d miss a good month and as much as six weeks.
Edes reminds us that both Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton suffered similar injuries last year and missed 42 and 30 games, respectively.
10:18 A.M.: When it rains it pours.
Comcast’s Sean McAdam reports that Red Sox centerfielder Mike Cameron is heading to the disabled list with an abdominal strain. He had been scratched from yesterday’s game complaining of the same symptoms he had before passing a kidney stone last week, but tests revealed that this time it’s something else.
McAdam notes that “abdominal pulls can be slow to heal and it’s possible
that Cameron could miss more longer than 15 days,” so this means Bill Hall in center for the foreseeable future.
UPDATE: Amalie Benjamin tweets that Josh Reddick has been called up to replace Cameron on the roster. He’ll probably get some starts in center.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 29
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 127
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (127)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)