Apr 20, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: Gordon Edes of ESPN is reporting that Cameron’s strain is actually a tear — akin to a sports hernia, he says — and that it may require surgery. If so, he’d miss a good month and as much as six weeks.
Edes reminds us that both Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton suffered similar injuries last year and missed 42 and 30 games, respectively.
10:18 A.M.: When it rains it pours.
Comcast’s Sean McAdam reports that Red Sox centerfielder Mike Cameron is heading to the disabled list with an abdominal strain. He had been scratched from yesterday’s game complaining of the same symptoms he had before passing a kidney stone last week, but tests revealed that this time it’s something else.
McAdam notes that “abdominal pulls can be slow to heal and it’s possible
that Cameron could miss more longer than 15 days,” so this means Bill Hall in center for the foreseeable future.
UPDATE: Amalie Benjamin tweets that Josh Reddick has been called up to replace Cameron on the roster. He’ll probably get some starts in center.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)