Apr 20, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post went in search of someone who might actually like the horrendous song Creed singer Scott Stapp recorded for the Marlins and shockingly found a few players who dig it.
Wes Helms–the veteran clubhouse leader known affectionately among his teammates as “Uncle Wes”–said he’s a huge fan of the song. “Love it. Love it,” he said. “I like that kind of music, anyway. I’m a rock guy. It’s a song that definitely gets you pumped up to play. The beat of it, his voice. It’s a great opening song.”
On the list of things I’d admit to, liking Creed, Scott Stapp, or his Marlins song would fall somewhere after murder and rooting for the Yankees, but to each his own I suppose.
Clay Hensley, Burke Badenhop, and John Baker also admitted to liking the song, although Baker did say that “some of the lyrics sound corny.”
One player replied “you don’t really want me to answer that, do you?” when asked if he liked the song, but amusingly he’s the one guy Capozzi decided to keep anonymous. You know, so he wouldn’t get picked on for having some semblance of musical taste in a clubhouse full of guys who rock out to Creed.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)