Apr 20, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post went in search of someone who might actually like the horrendous song Creed singer Scott Stapp recorded for the Marlins and shockingly found a few players who dig it.
Wes Helms–the veteran clubhouse leader known affectionately among his teammates as “Uncle Wes”–said he’s a huge fan of the song. “Love it. Love it,” he said. “I like that kind of music, anyway. I’m a rock guy. It’s a song that definitely gets you pumped up to play. The beat of it, his voice. It’s a great opening song.”
On the list of things I’d admit to, liking Creed, Scott Stapp, or his Marlins song would fall somewhere after murder and rooting for the Yankees, but to each his own I suppose.
Clay Hensley, Burke Badenhop, and John Baker also admitted to liking the song, although Baker did say that “some of the lyrics sound corny.”
One player replied “you don’t really want me to answer that, do you?” when asked if he liked the song, but amusingly he’s the one guy Capozzi decided to keep anonymous. You know, so he wouldn’t get picked on for having some semblance of musical taste in a clubhouse full of guys who rock out to Creed.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 51
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)