Apr 20, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post went in search of someone who might actually like the horrendous song Creed singer Scott Stapp recorded for the Marlins and shockingly found a few players who dig it.
Wes Helms–the veteran clubhouse leader known affectionately among his teammates as “Uncle Wes”–said he’s a huge fan of the song. “Love it. Love it,” he said. “I like that kind of music, anyway. I’m a rock guy. It’s a song that definitely gets you pumped up to play. The beat of it, his voice. It’s a great opening song.”
On the list of things I’d admit to, liking Creed, Scott Stapp, or his Marlins song would fall somewhere after murder and rooting for the Yankees, but to each his own I suppose.
Clay Hensley, Burke Badenhop, and John Baker also admitted to liking the song, although Baker did say that “some of the lyrics sound corny.”
One player replied “you don’t really want me to answer that, do you?” when asked if he liked the song, but amusingly he’s the one guy Capozzi decided to keep anonymous. You know, so he wouldn’t get picked on for having some semblance of musical taste in a clubhouse full of guys who rock out to Creed.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 8
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 26
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 99
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)