Apr 20, 2010, 8:52 AM EDT
Brad Bergesen turned a lot of heads with a nice little run when he came up last year, but then he took a comebacker at the end of July and didn’t pitch again all season. Then, this winter, he injured his shoulder while filming a television commercial. After three horrendous starts this season — he’s allowed 14 earned runs and has walked six guys in 10.1 innings — he’s being sent down to Norfolk. The O’s have called up reliever Alberto Castillo to take his place.
The Orioles likely won’t need a fifth starter until May 1st. When they use one there’s no guarantee that it will be Bergesen, as both Jake Arrieta and Chris Tillman are biding their time and probably deserve a shot. Arrieta has pitched better than Tillman so far, but it’s possible that the O’s will want to see Tillman first because he’s tall and has some major league experience and stuff.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)