Apr 21, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said on his weekly radio show that Jason Varitek will catch Josh
Beckett tonight. This is the third straight time that Varitek has caught Beckett, but according to Francona he’s no personal catcher or anything.
I guess he would have had a chance to prove that and use Martinez if V-Mart wasn’t still suffering post traumatic “holy crap Vlad Guerrero stole second and third base on me last night” disorder.
If I were the Rangers I’d run hog wild on Varitek tonight too, just to show that I didn’t play any favorites. I mean, it’s not like he’s got a cannon on him or anything.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 38
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)