Apr 21, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said on his weekly radio show that Jason Varitek will catch Josh
Beckett tonight. This is the third straight time that Varitek has caught Beckett, but according to Francona he’s no personal catcher or anything.
I guess he would have had a chance to prove that and use Martinez if V-Mart wasn’t still suffering post traumatic “holy crap Vlad Guerrero stole second and third base on me last night” disorder.
If I were the Rangers I’d run hog wild on Varitek tonight too, just to show that I didn’t play any favorites. I mean, it’s not like he’s got a cannon on him or anything.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)