Apr 21, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said on his weekly radio show that Jason Varitek will catch Josh
Beckett tonight. This is the third straight time that Varitek has caught Beckett, but according to Francona he’s no personal catcher or anything.
I guess he would have had a chance to prove that and use Martinez if V-Mart wasn’t still suffering post traumatic “holy crap Vlad Guerrero stole second and third base on me last night” disorder.
If I were the Rangers I’d run hog wild on Varitek tonight too, just to show that I didn’t play any favorites. I mean, it’s not like he’s got a cannon on him or anything.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)