Apr 21, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said on his weekly radio show that Jason Varitek will catch Josh
Beckett tonight. This is the third straight time that Varitek has caught Beckett, but according to Francona he’s no personal catcher or anything.
I guess he would have had a chance to prove that and use Martinez if V-Mart wasn’t still suffering post traumatic “holy crap Vlad Guerrero stole second and third base on me last night” disorder.
If I were the Rangers I’d run hog wild on Varitek tonight too, just to show that I didn’t play any favorites. I mean, it’s not like he’s got a cannon on him or anything.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 34
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)