Apr 21, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Good news for Phillies fans: Jimmy Rollins has resumed some baseball activities following his strained calf, and the reports are good. The current thinking is that he should be able to return to the linuep as soon as he becomes eligible on April 28th.
But it’s not perfect news: he was unable to successfully convert himself into a relief pitcher during his time on the DL, so his return will not address the Phillies biggest problem.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)