Jimmy Rollins is feeling better

Apr 21, 2010, 11:00 AM EST

Good news for Phillies fans: Jimmy Rollins has resumed some baseball activities following his strained calf, and the reports are good.  The current thinking is that he should be able to return to the linuep as soon as he becomes eligible on April 28th.

But it’s not perfect news: he was unable to successfully convert himself into a relief pitcher during his time on the DL, so his return will not address the Phillies biggest problem.

1. Jason - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I just started reading your blog today and I already get the distinct feeling you are a Phillies hater. True or False?

2. DANimal - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

But surely Brad Lidge, JC Romero, and Kyle Kendrick (assuming he returns to the ‘pen when Blanton returns in a few weeks) should help, right? ::looks questionably at ‘panic button'::

3. Craig Calcaterra - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Absolutely false. I’m just a Braves fan and they’re playing the Phillies this week and I’ve been trash talking.
    I have a ton of respect for the Phillies. I practically have a man-crush on Chase Utley. The only team I’m ever accused of hating that may actually have some merit is the Mets, and even then I’m mostly joking.

4. Jonny5 - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:24 PM

You rotten sumbeeitch you.
    Captcha: kielbasy said.
    Craig what did my Kielbasy say? A little closer, don’t hear it yet? A little closer……….

5. MikeZ - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Craig is a Braves fan so he has no love for the division rival Phils. And after the pen ruined the gem Kendrick pitched last night his shot has merit.
    Romero, Lidge and Blanton will be back soon though Craig. And the Phils won’t need the pen tonight5

6. Craig Calcaterra - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Yeah, with Halladay tonight the bullpen ain’t exactly going to be a factor. In some ways I wish Cox would just forfeit after Roy has thrown enough pitches to be unavailable again tomorrow, thereby saving the Braves’ pen.
    Wait, that’s fucking brilliant. Tactical forfeit!

7. Jonny5 - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I wonder if there will be more Phillies fans than Braves fans there tonight? Again? ;>P And Craig, Utley is my man crush, you better just back off Dude.
    Captcha: the rebuffed
    Do you invent the Captcha? You have to, or the computer that generates these things has a mind of it’s own and will have offspring that will eventually take over earth.

8. DANimal - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Die-hard Phillies fan with Jason Heyward on my fantasy team (keeper league). Conundrum’d.

9. Utley's hair - Apr 21, 2010 at 3:36 PM

After last night’s freefall–it was too damn quick to be considered a collapse–maybe the Braves fans will be less embarrassed and leave their Phightins duds at home. Why take Kendrick out? Why put Contreras in–the guy’d been “warming up” for over an hour!

10. Utley's hair - Apr 21, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Who are you kidding? Doc can hurl back-to-back complete games.

11. DMW - Apr 22, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Halladay was a beast tonight but had some great defense behind him. That double play ball by Utley was a back breaker for the braves….

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester