Apr 21, 2010, 3:22 PM EDT
Because he’s certainly not getting one down at AA. Today:
one hit in five shutout innings against the Reading Phillies.* He
struck out six and walked one, lowering his ERA to 0.73. First pitch
was 98 m.p.h., but then he settled into a 95ish groove, breaking off 78
m.p.h. curveballs and 88 m.p.h. changeups.
In other news, the Nationals’ financial obligation to Strasburg is $15.1
million. Their obligation to Jason Marquis is $15 million. Since it’s
all equal and everything, hows about they trade places?
*BTW, if you’re in Reading on Friday, I suggest you stop by and
meet Jerry “The King” Lawler. You can also pick up a Lawler
commemorative cup. In other news, the minor leagues rock.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)