Apr 22, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Jacoby Ellsbury was initially diagnosed with bruised ribs anjd finally placed on the disabled list after being unavailable on the active roster for 10 days, but now Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe reports that a CT scan today revealed “four ribs with hairline fractures.”
Benjamin adds that it “might or might not affect his return date,” but it certainly doesn’t qualify as good news and Ellsbury seems highly unlikely to come off the DL when eligible Wednesday.
Ellsbury suffered the injury when he collided with Adrian Beltre on April 11, which along with Mike Cameron’s abdominal injury has the Red Sox using Jeremy Hermida as their primary left fielder while dipping into Triple-A for center field help in prospect Josh Reddick and minor league veteran Darnell McDonald.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona