Apr 22, 2010, 7:43 AM EDT
I criticized the Nationals for signing Jason Marquis to a two-year, $15 million deal this offseason, but his first month has gone far worse than I ever could have imagined.
He went 0-3 with a 20.52 ERA through three starts, coughing up 20 runs in 8.1 innings, and was placed on the disabled list Wednesday after an MRI exam revealed what general manager Mike Rizzo called “floating bodies” in his elbow.
No word yet on a return timetable or the identity of the floating bodies, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back any time soon. None of which will impact the Nationals’ plans for Stephen Strasburg, of course.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)