Apr 22, 2010, 7:43 AM EST
I criticized the Nationals for signing Jason Marquis to a two-year, $15 million deal this offseason, but his first month has gone far worse than I ever could have imagined.
He went 0-3 with a 20.52 ERA through three starts, coughing up 20 runs in 8.1 innings, and was placed on the disabled list Wednesday after an MRI exam revealed what general manager Mike Rizzo called “floating bodies” in his elbow.
No word yet on a return timetable or the identity of the floating bodies, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back any time soon. None of which will impact the Nationals’ plans for Stephen Strasburg, of course.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)