Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Johnny Damon was ejected from last night’s Tigers-Angels game, ostensibly for arguing balls and strikes. Word on the street, however, is that home plate umpire Dale Scott was less angry about his judgment being questioned than he was about his judgment being questioned by a 36 year-old man with this haircut:
If I was the umpire I’d have been less angry at the haircut itself than I would be at Damon’s apparent gutlessness. If you’re going with the mohawk, you’d better go full-Baracus with that bad boy. In fact I can guarantee you that Damon would have had a smaller strike zone last night if he hadn’t brought that weak haircut sauce.
UPDATE: This photo was taken by Kurt Mensching of Bless You Boys, and the original post of it can be seen here. Apologies for the lack of attribution, Kurt!
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)