Johnny Damon ejected for arguing balls and strikes; bad haircut

Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT

Johnny Damon was ejected from last night’s Tigers-Angels game, ostensibly for arguing balls and strikes.  Word on the street, however, is that home plate umpire Dale Scott was less angry about his judgment being questioned than he was about his judgment being questioned by a 36 year-old man with this haircut:

Johnny Damon mohawk.jpgIf I was the umpire I’d have been less angry at the haircut itself than I would be at Damon’s apparent gutlessness. If you’re going with the mohawk, you’d better go full-Baracus with that bad boy. In fact I can guarantee you that Damon would have had a smaller strike zone last night if he hadn’t brought that weak haircut sauce.

UPDATE:  This photo was taken by Kurt Mensching of Bless You Boys, and the original post of it can be seen here. Apologies for the lack of attribution, Kurt!

1. Ryan - Apr 22, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Someone get this man a gold chain and some spray on suntan. He’s got some Jager Bombs to put down.

2. Kurt Mensching - Apr 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I took the photo myself, so please credit the original site:
    Thanks!

3. 2cents - Apr 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Crap…I just spent ten bucks for a hair cut and still look normal when I coulda made a statement. I obviously have no fashion sense.

4. RobRob - Apr 22, 2010 at 6:21 PM

That’s rich. Calcaterra describing anyone of having weak haircut sauce.

5. Merlin6593 - Apr 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Grow up someday please….

6. Kurt Mensching - Apr 22, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Thanks Craig! Keep up the good work.

7. GimmeSomeSteel - Apr 23, 2010 at 12:26 AM

With that receding hairline, Damon shouldn’t do anything to call attention to his dome.

8. captain hipster - Apr 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM

just for the record… folks keep calling this a mohawk… it’s actually a faux-hawk… he clearly does not have the cajones to do a real mohawk (it’s what steroids do… shrink the cajones, that is)

9. Old Gator - Apr 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Maybe he’s just growing a cranial crest, you know, like a male basilisk. Jon Heyman already thinks he walks on water.

1. H. Pence (2145)