Apr 22, 2010, 10:44 AM EST
It’s never a good time to strain your hamstring, but Ryan Zimmerman is 9 for his last 20 with three doubles and a home run, so the fact that he did it last night made for particularly bad timing.
The injury occurred when he thought about stretching a double into a triple, but he pulled up lame between second and first base and had to come out of the game. Zimmerman says it’s not serious — more like a cramp than that pulling painful thing one normally gets with a hamstring injury — and he’s day-to-day.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (124)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)