Apr 22, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
It’s never a good time to strain your hamstring, but Ryan Zimmerman is 9 for his last 20 with three doubles and a home run, so the fact that he did it last night made for particularly bad timing.
The injury occurred when he thought about stretching a double into a triple, but he pulled up lame between second and first base and had to come out of the game. Zimmerman says it’s not serious — more like a cramp than that pulling painful thing one normally gets with a hamstring injury — and he’s day-to-day.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)