Apr 22, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
It’s never a good time to strain your hamstring, but Ryan Zimmerman is 9 for his last 20 with three doubles and a home run, so the fact that he did it last night made for particularly bad timing.
The injury occurred when he thought about stretching a double into a triple, but he pulled up lame between second and first base and had to come out of the game. Zimmerman says it’s not serious — more like a cramp than that pulling painful thing one normally gets with a hamstring injury — and he’s day-to-day.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- The Lester trade is a win-win 97
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 153
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (156)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)