Apr 22, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
It’s never a good time to strain your hamstring, but Ryan Zimmerman is 9 for his last 20 with three doubles and a home run, so the fact that he did it last night made for particularly bad timing.
The injury occurred when he thought about stretching a double into a triple, but he pulled up lame between second and first base and had to come out of the game. Zimmerman says it’s not serious — more like a cramp than that pulling painful thing one normally gets with a hamstring injury — and he’s day-to-day.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)