Apr 22, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
It’s never a good time to strain your hamstring, but Ryan Zimmerman is 9 for his last 20 with three doubles and a home run, so the fact that he did it last night made for particularly bad timing.
The injury occurred when he thought about stretching a double into a triple, but he pulled up lame between second and first base and had to come out of the game. Zimmerman says it’s not serious — more like a cramp than that pulling painful thing one normally gets with a hamstring injury — and he’s day-to-day.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)