Apr 22, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Just a week after Jerry Manuel declared Ryota Igarashi his setup man, his setup man has hit the disabled list with a hamstring tear suffered in Tuesday night’s game. Igarashi has a serious fastball and has been successful so far this season, even if he hasn’t been exactly dominant (3Ks and 4 BBs in 6 IP). Given the already depleted state of the Mets’ pen, this is not welcome news.
But this is one instance where Mets’ fans can be happy that Jerry Manuel is their manager. After all, if Lou Piniella were in charge he’d deal with this injury by moving Johan Santana to the pen.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)