Apr 22, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Just a week after Jerry Manuel declared Ryota Igarashi his setup man, his setup man has hit the disabled list with a hamstring tear suffered in Tuesday night’s game. Igarashi has a serious fastball and has been successful so far this season, even if he hasn’t been exactly dominant (3Ks and 4 BBs in 6 IP). Given the already depleted state of the Mets’ pen, this is not welcome news.
But this is one instance where Mets’ fans can be happy that Jerry Manuel is their manager. After all, if Lou Piniella were in charge he’d deal with this injury by moving Johan Santana to the pen.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)