Apr 22, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Just a week after Jerry Manuel declared Ryota Igarashi his setup man, his setup man has hit the disabled list with a hamstring tear suffered in Tuesday night’s game. Igarashi has a serious fastball and has been successful so far this season, even if he hasn’t been exactly dominant (3Ks and 4 BBs in 6 IP). Given the already depleted state of the Mets’ pen, this is not welcome news.
But this is one instance where Mets’ fans can be happy that Jerry Manuel is their manager. After all, if Lou Piniella were in charge he’d deal with this injury by moving Johan Santana to the pen.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 34
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 39
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)