Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 AM EDT
Tigers’ DH Carlos Guillen has been placed on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring, suffered when he fell between third base and home in the fifth inning. Or maybe he fell because he got hurt. One of them chicken-egg things, ya know.
The Tigers have promoted Brennan Boesch, meaning that he will now get to enjoy the beautiful drive from Toledo to Detroit (Luna Pier! That nuke plant!). Boesch, an outfielder by trade, is hitting .352/.426/.593 so far this season. He’s not that good, though, and you have to figure he’s there more to ride pine, pinch hit and play some late inning defense than anything else.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)