Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 AM EST
Tigers’ DH Carlos Guillen has been placed on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring, suffered when he fell between third base and home in the fifth inning. Or maybe he fell because he got hurt. One of them chicken-egg things, ya know.
The Tigers have promoted Brennan Boesch, meaning that he will now get to enjoy the beautiful drive from Toledo to Detroit (Luna Pier! That nuke plant!). Boesch, an outfielder by trade, is hitting .352/.426/.593 so far this season. He’s not that good, though, and you have to figure he’s there more to ride pine, pinch hit and play some late inning defense than anything else.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 6
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 51
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)