Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 AM EST
Tigers’ DH Carlos Guillen has been placed on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring, suffered when he fell between third base and home in the fifth inning. Or maybe he fell because he got hurt. One of them chicken-egg things, ya know.
The Tigers have promoted Brennan Boesch, meaning that he will now get to enjoy the beautiful drive from Toledo to Detroit (Luna Pier! That nuke plant!). Boesch, an outfielder by trade, is hitting .352/.426/.593 so far this season. He’s not that good, though, and you have to figure he’s there more to ride pine, pinch hit and play some late inning defense than anything else.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)