Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 AM EDT
Tigers’ DH Carlos Guillen has been placed on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring, suffered when he fell between third base and home in the fifth inning. Or maybe he fell because he got hurt. One of them chicken-egg things, ya know.
The Tigers have promoted Brennan Boesch, meaning that he will now get to enjoy the beautiful drive from Toledo to Detroit (Luna Pier! That nuke plant!). Boesch, an outfielder by trade, is hitting .352/.426/.593 so far this season. He’s not that good, though, and you have to figure he’s there more to ride pine, pinch hit and play some late inning defense than anything else.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)