Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 AM EDT
Tigers’ DH Carlos Guillen has been placed on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring, suffered when he fell between third base and home in the fifth inning. Or maybe he fell because he got hurt. One of them chicken-egg things, ya know.
The Tigers have promoted Brennan Boesch, meaning that he will now get to enjoy the beautiful drive from Toledo to Detroit (Luna Pier! That nuke plant!). Boesch, an outfielder by trade, is hitting .352/.426/.593 so far this season. He’s not that good, though, and you have to figure he’s there more to ride pine, pinch hit and play some late inning defense than anything else.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)