Apr 23, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Jerry Manuel has been wanting to do it for a while, and despite Reyes’ own initial protests and the lobbying of Jeff Francoeur to have the issue tabled, it’s going to happen during this weekends’ series against the Braves, as Manuel says he wants to jump start the lineup (note to self: never hire Jeff Francoeur to be a lobbyist).
I don’t have a problem with this. As long as he’s near the top of the order, it really doesn’t matter. A leadoff hitter tends to only leadoff once a game anyway. The rest of the time everyone needs to hit. Better he do it directly in front of Jason Bay than to have Luis Castillo interrupting the flow.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)