Apr 23, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Jerry Manuel has been wanting to do it for a while, and despite Reyes’ own initial protests and the lobbying of Jeff Francoeur to have the issue tabled, it’s going to happen during this weekends’ series against the Braves, as Manuel says he wants to jump start the lineup (note to self: never hire Jeff Francoeur to be a lobbyist).
I don’t have a problem with this. As long as he’s near the top of the order, it really doesn’t matter. A leadoff hitter tends to only leadoff once a game anyway. The rest of the time everyone needs to hit. Better he do it directly in front of Jason Bay than to have Luis Castillo interrupting the flow.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)