Apr 23, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Jerry Manuel has been wanting to do it for a while, and despite Reyes’ own initial protests and the lobbying of Jeff Francoeur to have the issue tabled, it’s going to happen during this weekends’ series against the Braves, as Manuel says he wants to jump start the lineup (note to self: never hire Jeff Francoeur to be a lobbyist).
I don’t have a problem with this. As long as he’s near the top of the order, it really doesn’t matter. A leadoff hitter tends to only leadoff once a game anyway. The rest of the time everyone needs to hit. Better he do it directly in front of Jason Bay than to have Luis Castillo interrupting the flow.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)