Apr 23, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Jerry Manuel has been wanting to do it for a while, and despite Reyes’ own initial protests and the lobbying of Jeff Francoeur to have the issue tabled, it’s going to happen during this weekends’ series against the Braves, as Manuel says he wants to jump start the lineup (note to self: never hire Jeff Francoeur to be a lobbyist).
I don’t have a problem with this. As long as he’s near the top of the order, it really doesn’t matter. A leadoff hitter tends to only leadoff once a game anyway. The rest of the time everyone needs to hit. Better he do it directly in front of Jason Bay than to have Luis Castillo interrupting the flow.
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 0
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)