Apr 23, 2010, 8:07 PM EST
Yes, you read that correctly.
Former major league manager and current Rays color analyst Kevin Kennedy was one of eight passengers who helped subdue a man who threatened to blow up an airplane druing a red-eye flight from Los Angeles to Florida early Friday morning.
Kennedy described the experience to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
“When I stood up, he kind of stared me down,” Kennedy said. “I was in
(seat) 2c, so I was in first class, probably four feet from him. He
kind of stared me down, that’s when he said, ‘I’m gonna blow this
up, you’re all going to hell with me.’ He threw water at me. Within five
seconds, we charged him and took him out.”
Can’t top that.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 112
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 19
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 208
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (209)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)