Apr 23, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: Manny Ramirez has been placed on the disabled list, with Xavier Paul being called up from Triple-A to take his roster spot. Paul is 25 years old and deserving of a shot after putting up some nice numbers in the minors, so it’ll be interesting to see if Joe Torre actually plays him over Garret Anderson versus right-handers. Based on Torre’s history, I’m guessing probably not.
Manny Ramirez left last night’s game in the sixth inning after aggravating his calf injury and the Los Angeles Times reports that he’s undergoing a “precautionary” MRI exam today.
Ramirez is off to a great start, hitting .415 with two homers, four doubles, nine walks, and 12 RBIs in 13 games, and was actually running to first base after singling when he pulled up lame yesterday
Even if the MRI shows nothing serious Ramirez seems likely to miss at least a couple games, and the Dodgers figure to platoon Garret Anderson and Reed Johnson in left field for as long as he’s out.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)