Apr 23, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
SportsBusiness Daily reports that Major League Baseball Advanced Media and Sony have struck a deal in which the MLB.tv package will
be available on PlayStation 3 consoles.
I have MLB.tv for the first time this year. After some initial hiccups borne of what I suspect was just a lot of first-week-of-the-season traffic, I have come to really dig it. I think you need a separate monitor to truly optimize it — I hate switching back and forth between what I’m typing and what I’m watching — but it’s a good product.
The game system thing is interesting. I’m no gamer — in terms of sophistication I topped out with my (still working) Commodore 64 — but I could see such a hookup really catching on. There are already ways of using MLB.tv with your big television, but I’m assuming that doing it through the PlayStation Network will make things a bit more seamless. Assuming you have a PlayStation anyway.
I don’t have one, but I did just now try and hook my Commodore 64 up to the TV, with a Radio Shack patch to my Internet connection. The results were mixed. The picture was awesome, but all I could pick up was a 1987 Expos-Astros game in which Neal Heaton beat Mike Scott. Damndest thing.
UPDATE: NYaT has a review of MLB.tv on PS3. The verdict: ’tis good!
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)