Apr 23, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
SportsBusiness Daily reports that Major League Baseball Advanced Media and Sony have struck a deal in which the MLB.tv package will
be available on PlayStation 3 consoles.
I have MLB.tv for the first time this year. After some initial hiccups borne of what I suspect was just a lot of first-week-of-the-season traffic, I have come to really dig it. I think you need a separate monitor to truly optimize it — I hate switching back and forth between what I’m typing and what I’m watching — but it’s a good product.
The game system thing is interesting. I’m no gamer — in terms of sophistication I topped out with my (still working) Commodore 64 — but I could see such a hookup really catching on. There are already ways of using MLB.tv with your big television, but I’m assuming that doing it through the PlayStation Network will make things a bit more seamless. Assuming you have a PlayStation anyway.
I don’t have one, but I did just now try and hook my Commodore 64 up to the TV, with a Radio Shack patch to my Internet connection. The results were mixed. The picture was awesome, but all I could pick up was a 1987 Expos-Astros game in which Neal Heaton beat Mike Scott. Damndest thing.
UPDATE: NYaT has a review of MLB.tv on PS3. The verdict: ’tis good!
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)