Apr 23, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
Here are the details on the Ben Zobrist extension we mentioned this morning. The deal guarantees him $18 million through 2013, partially in salary, partially in buyouts if the team options aren’t exercised. Those options are valued at $7 million for 2014 and $7.5 million for 2015.
Given that Evan Longoria is making — six years, $17.5 million — this seems on the high side. Or maybe it’s just that Longoria’s deal is just so damn cheap that it’s hard to get a frame of reference.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 46
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 25
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)