Apr 23, 2010, 5:20 PM EST
Here are the details on the Ben Zobrist extension we mentioned this morning. The deal guarantees him $18 million through 2013, partially in salary, partially in buyouts if the team options aren’t exercised. Those options are valued at $7 million for 2014 and $7.5 million for 2015.
Given that Evan Longoria is making — six years, $17.5 million — this seems on the high side. Or maybe it’s just that Longoria’s deal is just so damn cheap that it’s hard to get a frame of reference.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 63
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)