Apr 23, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
Here are the details on the Ben Zobrist extension we mentioned this morning. The deal guarantees him $18 million through 2013, partially in salary, partially in buyouts if the team options aren’t exercised. Those options are valued at $7 million for 2014 and $7.5 million for 2015.
Given that Evan Longoria is making — six years, $17.5 million — this seems on the high side. Or maybe it’s just that Longoria’s deal is just so damn cheap that it’s hard to get a frame of reference.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)