Apr 23, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
Here are the details on the Ben Zobrist extension we mentioned this morning. The deal guarantees him $18 million through 2013, partially in salary, partially in buyouts if the team options aren’t exercised. Those options are valued at $7 million for 2014 and $7.5 million for 2015.
Given that Evan Longoria is making — six years, $17.5 million — this seems on the high side. Or maybe it’s just that Longoria’s deal is just so damn cheap that it’s hard to get a frame of reference.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)