Apr 23, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
Here are the details on the Ben Zobrist extension we mentioned this morning. The deal guarantees him $18 million through 2013, partially in salary, partially in buyouts if the team options aren’t exercised. Those options are valued at $7 million for 2014 and $7.5 million for 2015.
Given that Evan Longoria is making — six years, $17.5 million — this seems on the high side. Or maybe it’s just that Longoria’s deal is just so damn cheap that it’s hard to get a frame of reference.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (154)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)