Apr 24, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
UPDATE: Jones tells O’Brien that he felt a pop in his right hip during his first at-bat on Saturday and expects that he’ll be out of the lineup for “more than just one or two days.”
2:59 PM: Chipper Jones, who turned 38 years old on Saturday, was forced to exit this afternoon’s game against the Mets due to a sore right hip, according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
The birthday boy was replaced in the lineup by Martin Prado. He is currently listed as day-to-day, but as we’ve learned with Jones, these various bumps and bruises can linger for a while. Jones is batting .283/.421/.500 with two homers and five RBI in 46 at-bats this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)