Apr 24, 2010, 6:04 PM EST
The Dodgers have placed right-hander Vicente Padilla on the 15-day disabled list due to a sore right forearm, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Padilla, 32, is 1-1 with a 7.06 ERA and 1.48 WHIP over his first four starts this season, posting a 23/6 K/BB ratio over 21 2/3 innings. He gave up three runs over six innings as part of a no-decision in a loss to the Reds on Thursday.
It’s unclear who will replace Padilla in the starting rotation, though Ramon Ortiz is one rather underwhelming possibility. The veteran right-hander has a 6.94 ERA over nine relief appearances so far this season.
In a corresponding roster move, the Dodgers recalled right-handed
reliever Jon Link from Triple-A Albuquerque. Link, 26, was acquired from the White Sox in the Juan Pierre trade. He tossed two scoreless innings on Tuesday before being sent back to the minor leagues.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)