Apr 24, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
The Dodgers have placed right-hander Vicente Padilla on the 15-day disabled list due to a sore right forearm, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Padilla, 32, is 1-1 with a 7.06 ERA and 1.48 WHIP over his first four starts this season, posting a 23/6 K/BB ratio over 21 2/3 innings. He gave up three runs over six innings as part of a no-decision in a loss to the Reds on Thursday.
It’s unclear who will replace Padilla in the starting rotation, though Ramon Ortiz is one rather underwhelming possibility. The veteran right-hander has a 6.94 ERA over nine relief appearances so far this season.
In a corresponding roster move, the Dodgers recalled right-handed
reliever Jon Link from Triple-A Albuquerque. Link, 26, was acquired from the White Sox in the Juan Pierre trade. He tossed two scoreless innings on Tuesday before being sent back to the minor leagues.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 7
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 126
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 32
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (134)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)