Apr 24, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
The Dodgers have placed right-hander Vicente Padilla on the 15-day disabled list due to a sore right forearm, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Padilla, 32, is 1-1 with a 7.06 ERA and 1.48 WHIP over his first four starts this season, posting a 23/6 K/BB ratio over 21 2/3 innings. He gave up three runs over six innings as part of a no-decision in a loss to the Reds on Thursday.
It’s unclear who will replace Padilla in the starting rotation, though Ramon Ortiz is one rather underwhelming possibility. The veteran right-hander has a 6.94 ERA over nine relief appearances so far this season.
In a corresponding roster move, the Dodgers recalled right-handed
reliever Jon Link from Triple-A Albuquerque. Link, 26, was acquired from the White Sox in the Juan Pierre trade. He tossed two scoreless innings on Tuesday before being sent back to the minor leagues.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)