Apr 24, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Don’t tell Craig, but according to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Jeff Francoeur drove 20-year-old phenom Jason Heyward to Citi Field on Friday night.
As O’Brien relays, Francoeur originally intended to pick up old chum Brian McCann, but when he arrived at the Manhattan hotel where the Braves were staying, Chipper Jones and Heyward also jumped in the car.
“He probably said three words the whole way over,” said Francoeur,
smiling. “He’s just sitting there. But he’s having fun. That’s the kind
of thing that’s going to allow him to have success and not go through
the rollercoaster ride that I went through. He’s very, very mature for
his age. It’s incredible.”
Looks like a little bit of Francoeur rubbed off on Heyward, as he struck out three times in four at-bats on Friday night. Whatever it takes.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)