Apr 25, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Ian Kinsler is ready to kick off a rehab assignment this week at Double-A Frisco, where he will play three nine-inning games during the upcoming week.
Kinsler has been sidelined all month with a high ankle sprain, but played in an extended spring training game on Saturday and went 2-for-4. He’s working his way back to full health and should really put a charge into the Rangers’ batting order once healthy.
The second baseman batted .253/.327/.488 last season with 31 home runs, 32 doubles, four triples and 86 RBI in 566 at-bats. He also swiped 31 bases and is a fantasy monster according to Rotoworld’s Season Pass.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)