Apr 25, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Ian Kinsler is ready to kick off a rehab assignment this week at Double-A Frisco, where he will play three nine-inning games during the upcoming week.
Kinsler has been sidelined all month with a high ankle sprain, but played in an extended spring training game on Saturday and went 2-for-4. He’s working his way back to full health and should really put a charge into the Rangers’ batting order once healthy.
The second baseman batted .253/.327/.488 last season with 31 home runs, 32 doubles, four triples and 86 RBI in 566 at-bats. He also swiped 31 bases and is a fantasy monster according to Rotoworld’s Season Pass.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)