Apr 25, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Ian Kinsler is ready to kick off a rehab assignment this week at Double-A Frisco, where he will play three nine-inning games during the upcoming week.
Kinsler has been sidelined all month with a high ankle sprain, but played in an extended spring training game on Saturday and went 2-for-4. He’s working his way back to full health and should really put a charge into the Rangers’ batting order once healthy.
The second baseman batted .253/.327/.488 last season with 31 home runs, 32 doubles, four triples and 86 RBI in 566 at-bats. He also swiped 31 bases and is a fantasy monster according to Rotoworld’s Season Pass.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)