A-Rod is the slowest home run trotter on the Yankees

Apr 26, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT

Friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball has been keeping track of how long it takes hitters to circle the bases after hitting home runs. The feature — The Tater Trot Tracker — is all kinds of fun, and since he started it I find myself mentally timing home run trots and then going and checking it to see if I’m right. Today lar’s work is featured at the Wall Street Journal, which notes that Alex Rodriguez has the slowest home run trot on the Yankees.

Of course it’s understanding that he takes so long given that he has to stop and dance around on Dallas Braden’s mound and everything.

1. Jeffrey - Apr 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM

www. porkchopfactory. com for futher news on this

2. Mike - Apr 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Jamie we are all unemployed RedSux fans, so that is why we have enough time to be posting comments, but thanks for your concern. By the way are you hiring and Burger King?

3. ditmars1929 - Apr 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Jamie, my friend, you sound like a Mets fan. How are you enjoying the season so far?
    If you live in NYC, are you hiring? Let me know what industry you work in, and I’ll gladly send you my resume. I hope you’re doing well for yourself despite the economy.

4. JudyJ - Apr 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM

this is a hilarous post – after all, you have to GET the homer or homers in order to qualify. LMAO

5. YANKEES1996 - Apr 26, 2010 at 1:43 PM

The season is in full swing Craig is this the best you can do? The King of watch it sail out of the park is without doubt Barry Bonds (what a jerk), all of the other players including Soriano do it to pay homage to the Juicer!

6. Marc - Apr 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Great. I Guess next you’ll follow them into to lockeroom and time how long it takes them to piss.

7. A Rob - Apr 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM

The slowest this year still is an 8 minute mile pace,(+/-) and probably about as long as some between pitch routines (batters and a few pitchers) we have seen over time.

8. MJ888 - Apr 26, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Big deal. If I can hit HRs like Arod, I would take my time and stare too!

9. Luke D - Apr 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Those of you that claim you pay attention clearly understand that Craig is not a “legitimate journalist” (Craig Carton is a douche, and a joke)…he’s not here to break the news on the latest trade, he’s focusing on anecdotes from around the baseball world. This is exactly that. If the best you can do is bash a BLOGGER, maybe you should be re-evaluating what YOU’RE doing with your oh-so-precious time in the first place.

10. Charles Gates - Apr 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Hey, sorry I’m a few minutes late. I’ve got Ezra Brooks with a coupla ice bergs.

11. SKL - Apr 26, 2010 at 8:20 PM

How to tell newer readers: they are completely unaware of the thousands of words I’ve spent actually defending A-Rod over the years.
    Ok, so you want to insult new readers, fine, this will be one more unread article on MSN. – New Reader who read anymore Cragi Calcaterra.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3412)