Apr 26, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball has been keeping track of how long it takes hitters to circle the bases after hitting home runs. The feature — The Tater Trot Tracker — is all kinds of fun, and since he started it I find myself mentally timing home run trots and then going and checking it to see if I’m right. Today lar’s work is featured at the Wall Street Journal, which notes that Alex Rodriguez has the slowest home run trot on the Yankees.
Of course it’s understanding that he takes so long given that he has to stop and dance around on Dallas Braden’s mound and everything.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)