Apr 26, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball has been keeping track of how long it takes hitters to circle the bases after hitting home runs. The feature — The Tater Trot Tracker — is all kinds of fun, and since he started it I find myself mentally timing home run trots and then going and checking it to see if I’m right. Today lar’s work is featured at the Wall Street Journal, which notes that Alex Rodriguez has the slowest home run trot on the Yankees.
Of course it’s understanding that he takes so long given that he has to stop and dance around on Dallas Braden’s mound and everything.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)