Apr 26, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball has been keeping track of how long it takes hitters to circle the bases after hitting home runs. The feature — The Tater Trot Tracker — is all kinds of fun, and since he started it I find myself mentally timing home run trots and then going and checking it to see if I’m right. Today lar’s work is featured at the Wall Street Journal, which notes that Alex Rodriguez has the slowest home run trot on the Yankees.
Of course it’s understanding that he takes so long given that he has to stop and dance around on Dallas Braden’s mound and everything.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 15
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 101
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 159
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)