Apr 26, 2010, 8:30 AM EST
Friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball has been keeping track of how long it takes hitters to circle the bases after hitting home runs. The feature — The Tater Trot Tracker — is all kinds of fun, and since he started it I find myself mentally timing home run trots and then going and checking it to see if I’m right. Today lar’s work is featured at the Wall Street Journal, which notes that Alex Rodriguez has the slowest home run trot on the Yankees.
Of course it’s understanding that he takes so long given that he has to stop and dance around on Dallas Braden’s mound and everything.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)