Apr 26, 2010, 9:12 AM EST
Remember Mike Bacsik? He was the guy who served up home run number 756 to Barry Bonds back in 2007. Back in January he was accused by former teammate Tim Redding of grooving the pitch to Bonds, which caused a minor dustup. Bacsik came out of that looking OK, though, because it turns out that Redding has often been a jerk to teammates and, hey, Bacsik is just some ex-pitcher trying to make a living on the radio.
Turns out that Bacsik is the bigger jerk, however, as yesterday he tweeted the following after the San Antonio Spurs beat the Dallas Mavericks: “Congrats to all the dirty Mexicans in San Antonio.” The tweet was almost immediately deleted, but nothing ever dies on the Internet.
A lot of people thought Bacsik served up the homer to Bonds in an effort to make a little living for himself out on the memorabilia circuit. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that he’s not going to be invited to sign “Mike Bacsik #756″ on worthless baseball cards anytime soon.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)