Apr 26, 2010, 10:27 AM EST
Usually when we talk about “tools” on this blog, we’re talking about those players who are able to run fast, throw hard, hit the ball far and be almost completely unable to actually play the game of baseball. Sports Business Journal has an article up about tools today, however, and they sound like something that I absolutely do not want:
Craftsman brand is teaming with MLB for a line of licensed tools that
available online in time for Father’s Day gift purchases.
Assuming positive sales results, Sears hopes to have a line of
tools, power tools, tool storage and perhaps even lawn and garden
its 3,900 stores in time for November and December holiday shopping.
Having a lawnmower with an Atlanta Braves logo on it would only make me all the more bitter to be out mowing my lawn on a Sunday afternoon rather than watching an Atlanta Braves game.
Of course, if they keep playing like they’re playing now, I may rather be out mowing the lawn instead . . .
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)