Apr 26, 2010, 10:27 AM EST
Usually when we talk about “tools” on this blog, we’re talking about those players who are able to run fast, throw hard, hit the ball far and be almost completely unable to actually play the game of baseball. Sports Business Journal has an article up about tools today, however, and they sound like something that I absolutely do not want:
Craftsman brand is teaming with MLB for a line of licensed tools that
available online in time for Father’s Day gift purchases.
Assuming positive sales results, Sears hopes to have a line of
tools, power tools, tool storage and perhaps even lawn and garden
its 3,900 stores in time for November and December holiday shopping.
Having a lawnmower with an Atlanta Braves logo on it would only make me all the more bitter to be out mowing my lawn on a Sunday afternoon rather than watching an Atlanta Braves game.
Of course, if they keep playing like they’re playing now, I may rather be out mowing the lawn instead . . .
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (145)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)