Apr 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
“If Howard is worth $25 million, Pujols is worth $50 million a year.”
– ESPN’s Keith Law on the Ryan Howard extension.
Hyperbole? Sure, but not as much as a lot of folks think. If I represent Pujols I start the bidding at $35 million, though I’d probably be willing to come down to $30 million.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 39
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15