Apr 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
“If Howard is worth $25 million, Pujols is worth $50 million a year.”
– ESPN’s Keith Law on the Ryan Howard extension.
Hyperbole? Sure, but not as much as a lot of folks think. If I represent Pujols I start the bidding at $35 million, though I’d probably be willing to come down to $30 million.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)