Apr 27, 2010, 9:20 PM EST
Uh-oh. Buster Olney of ESPN.com hears that Brett Anderson will miss four to six weeks with a flexor tendon strain.
The Athletics placed the 22-year-old southpaw on the disabled list on Tuesday due to a left forearm strain and elbow irritation. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI earlier today.
Anderson emerged as one of the most promising young hurlers in the game last season, finishing 11-11 with a 4.06 ERA, 1.28 WHIP and 150/45 K/BB ratio over 175 1/3 innings. Off to a fine start this season — 2.35 ERA and 1.04 WHIP over his first four starts — the team recently rewarded him with a four-year, $12.5 million contract extension.
You think Tom Verducci did a fist pump when he heard this?
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 0
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)