Apr 27, 2010, 1:26 PM EST
The Red Sox called up lefty Fabio Castro from Pawtucket today to bolster the bullpen after yesterday’s slug fest. Castro has an ERA of 8.10 in AAA right now. With those numbers you’d figure that he’s going to get nothing but garbage time. Which makes me wonder what’s the point of having a knuckleballer in the bullpen if you’re not going to use him to suck up oodles of garbage time innings like that.
And since Castro is a lefty, why not call up Alan Embree? He’s threatening to take off if the Sox don’t call him up. And, unlike Castro, he’s actually been pretty effective so far this year.
I realize that this is little stuff in the grand scheme of things, but unless the Phillies give Jimmy Rollins a 6 year/120M contract this afternoon, not much is going on right now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)