Apr 27, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
It was a laugher for the Brewers last night, but early on Gregg Zaun suffered through a catcher’s nightmare: an inability to throw the ball back to the mound after a pitch. The video is here, and you can’t watch it without thinking back to Macky Sasser, who was unable to throw the ball back to the mound in the 1990 season when he played for the Mets. It was obviously some kind of mental block for Sasser, because he had no problem firing it down to second base.
Zaun was otherwise fine. More than fine, really, given that he had five RBI in the game. And eventually his throwing did straighten itself out.
In light of things ending well for Z-game, we can have a little fun with this. First, there’s Wezen-Ball, who found a potential solution for Zaun in a 55 year-old Peanuts cartoon. The guys at Tauntr have another solution. This one involves watching part of the movie “Major League 2,” however, so proceed with caution.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)