Apr 27, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Ian Kinsler went 0-for-3 in his first rehab game Monday at Double-A, but played all nine innings defensively at second base.
He’s slated for two more minor-league games before joining the Rangers this weekend, with manager Ron Washington revealing yesterday that Kinsler will switch from leading off to batting fifth in the lineup once he returns.
Kinsler joined the 30-30 club last season and steals will be tougher to come by in the middle of the lineup, but his ankle injury would have cut down on his running anyway and he’ll get far more RBI chances. Last year Kinsler drove in just 86 runs despite 31 homers.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)