Apr 27, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Ian Kinsler went 0-for-3 in his first rehab game Monday at Double-A, but played all nine innings defensively at second base.
He’s slated for two more minor-league games before joining the Rangers this weekend, with manager Ron Washington revealing yesterday that Kinsler will switch from leading off to batting fifth in the lineup once he returns.
Kinsler joined the 30-30 club last season and steals will be tougher to come by in the middle of the lineup, but his ankle injury would have cut down on his running anyway and he’ll get far more RBI chances. Last year Kinsler drove in just 86 runs despite 31 homers.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (101)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)