Apr 27, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Ian Kinsler went 0-for-3 in his first rehab game Monday at Double-A, but played all nine innings defensively at second base.
He’s slated for two more minor-league games before joining the Rangers this weekend, with manager Ron Washington revealing yesterday that Kinsler will switch from leading off to batting fifth in the lineup once he returns.
Kinsler joined the 30-30 club last season and steals will be tougher to come by in the middle of the lineup, but his ankle injury would have cut down on his running anyway and he’ll get far more RBI chances. Last year Kinsler drove in just 86 runs despite 31 homers.
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 5
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 12
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)