Apr 27, 2010, 9:45 AM EST
Ian Kinsler went 0-for-3 in his first rehab game Monday at Double-A, but played all nine innings defensively at second base.
He’s slated for two more minor-league games before joining the Rangers this weekend, with manager Ron Washington revealing yesterday that Kinsler will switch from leading off to batting fifth in the lineup once he returns.
Kinsler joined the 30-30 club last season and steals will be tougher to come by in the middle of the lineup, but his ankle injury would have cut down on his running anyway and he’ll get far more RBI chances. Last year Kinsler drove in just 86 runs despite 31 homers.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)