Apr 27, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Pfun pfactoid from MLB.com this morning: April 27th is tied for the title of most no-hittinest day of the baseball season, with six no-nos having occurred on this date in history. What’s more, two of the 4/27 no hitters were tossed by guys getting starts today: Derek Lowe in 2002 and Kevin Millwood in 2003.
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Lowe will not be repeating his feat. This prediction is based on complex logarithms, probability analysis and a touch of quantum mechanics so it’s kind of hard to fully explain, but let me try to give a rough approximation in layman’s terms: Back when Derek Lowe threw his first no hitter he did not suck, and today he does.
Sorry to hit you with the science, but sometimes we have to do that around here.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 7
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 91
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)