Apr 27, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
Pfun pfactoid from MLB.com this morning: April 27th is tied for the title of most no-hittinest day of the baseball season, with six no-nos having occurred on this date in history. What’s more, two of the 4/27 no hitters were tossed by guys getting starts today: Derek Lowe in 2002 and Kevin Millwood in 2003.
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Lowe will not be repeating his feat. This prediction is based on complex logarithms, probability analysis and a touch of quantum mechanics so it’s kind of hard to fully explain, but let me try to give a rough approximation in layman’s terms: Back when Derek Lowe threw his first no hitter he did not suck, and today he does.
Sorry to hit you with the science, but sometimes we have to do that around here.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)