Apr 27, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
Neat article at Yahoo! today as Jorge Posada goes back over his career and ranks the best pitches he has caught. Best fastball: Kyle Farnsworth or Scott Proctor, at least in terms of pure velocity. Best Curve: Hideki Irabu of all people. He goes on and on, and it’s a lot of fun.
The real news nugget from the article: Andy Pettitte threw a knuckleball once upon a time. Way back in the minors it was his two-strike pitch. His coaches told him to cut it out, however, and he forgot how to throw it.
After the Uecker health news, this is easily the most depressing thing I’ve heard all day.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)