Apr 27, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
Neat article at Yahoo! today as Jorge Posada goes back over his career and ranks the best pitches he has caught. Best fastball: Kyle Farnsworth or Scott Proctor, at least in terms of pure velocity. Best Curve: Hideki Irabu of all people. He goes on and on, and it’s a lot of fun.
The real news nugget from the article: Andy Pettitte threw a knuckleball once upon a time. Way back in the minors it was his two-strike pitch. His coaches told him to cut it out, however, and he forgot how to throw it.
After the Uecker health news, this is easily the most depressing thing I’ve heard all day.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)