Apr 27, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
Neat article at Yahoo! today as Jorge Posada goes back over his career and ranks the best pitches he has caught. Best fastball: Kyle Farnsworth or Scott Proctor, at least in terms of pure velocity. Best Curve: Hideki Irabu of all people. He goes on and on, and it’s a lot of fun.
The real news nugget from the article: Andy Pettitte threw a knuckleball once upon a time. Way back in the minors it was his two-strike pitch. His coaches told him to cut it out, however, and he forgot how to throw it.
After the Uecker health news, this is easily the most depressing thing I’ve heard all day.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 17
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)