Apr 27, 2010, 3:28 PM EST
Neat article at Yahoo! today as Jorge Posada goes back over his career and ranks the best pitches he has caught. Best fastball: Kyle Farnsworth or Scott Proctor, at least in terms of pure velocity. Best Curve: Hideki Irabu of all people. He goes on and on, and it’s a lot of fun.
The real news nugget from the article: Andy Pettitte threw a knuckleball once upon a time. Way back in the minors it was his two-strike pitch. His coaches told him to cut it out, however, and he forgot how to throw it.
After the Uecker health news, this is easily the most depressing thing I’ve heard all day.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)