Apr 27, 2010, 3:28 PM EST
Neat article at Yahoo! today as Jorge Posada goes back over his career and ranks the best pitches he has caught. Best fastball: Kyle Farnsworth or Scott Proctor, at least in terms of pure velocity. Best Curve: Hideki Irabu of all people. He goes on and on, and it’s a lot of fun.
The real news nugget from the article: Andy Pettitte threw a knuckleball once upon a time. Way back in the minors it was his two-strike pitch. His coaches told him to cut it out, however, and he forgot how to throw it.
After the Uecker health news, this is easily the most depressing thing I’ve heard all day.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 0
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)