Apr 27, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
Major League Baseball should bring Jose Canseco underneath their umbrella,
and have him be a key spokesperson on steroids and making good
– Matt Minkus of the Tucson Citizen without any apparent irony.
You know, the reason why Jose Canseco was able to blow the whistle on steroids like he did was because he may have done more than anyone to popularize steroids among baseball players in the 80s and 90s and thus had all the names to name. And the reason why he did it was because he was dead broke after pissing away over $50 million in career earnings and needed to make a buck.
So sure, his whistle blowing may have served an admirable purpose, but that doesn’t mean you want him to be “a spokesman on steroids and making good decisions.” Because he did a ton of the former and made hardly any of the latter.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)