Apr 27, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz has had a heck of a time with his hamstring lately. He had to leave games in Boston last Tuesday and Wednesday because the
hamstring tightened up on him, and after some time in and out of lineup since then, he had to leave last night’s game against the Tigers in the sixth inning
after re-aggravating it.
While there was some optimism after last night’s game — he had iced the hammy and said it felt better — the Rangers placed him on the 15-day disabled list today.
Bad break for the Rangers, as Cruz had been killing the ball in April, hitting .323/.419/.758 with seven homers, 17 RBI and five stolen
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)