Apr 27, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has had a heck of a time with his hamstring lately. He had to leave games in Boston last Tuesday and Wednesday because the
hamstring tightened up on him, and after some time in and out of lineup since then, he had to leave last night’s game against the Tigers in the sixth inning
after re-aggravating it.
While there was some optimism after last night’s game — he had iced the hammy and said it felt better — the Rangers placed him on the 15-day disabled list today.
Bad break for the Rangers, as Cruz had been killing the ball in April, hitting .323/.419/.758 with seven homers, 17 RBI and five stolen
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)