Apr 27, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has had a heck of a time with his hamstring lately. He had to leave games in Boston last Tuesday and Wednesday because the
hamstring tightened up on him, and after some time in and out of lineup since then, he had to leave last night’s game against the Tigers in the sixth inning
after re-aggravating it.
While there was some optimism after last night’s game — he had iced the hammy and said it felt better — the Rangers placed him on the 15-day disabled list today.
Bad break for the Rangers, as Cruz had been killing the ball in April, hitting .323/.419/.758 with seven homers, 17 RBI and five stolen
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (156)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)