Apr 27, 2010, 1:13 PM EST
That’s what happens when you bump an ump, which is what Navarro did on Friday night. Navaro was apologetic after the game, admitting that he just lost his temper. Baseball seems to have acknowledged that in the form of a very brief suspension, though there’s a fine too.
Navarro will really only have to miss one game for all practical purposes, seeing as how he’s a catcher and all and that the Rays can easily schedule a normal off-day for him. Still, you can’t go into battle with one catcher, so they had to make a roster move: Reliever Mike Ekstrom was optioned to Durham and catcher
Jose Lobaton recalled.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)