Apr 27, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
That’s what happens when you bump an ump, which is what Navarro did on Friday night. Navaro was apologetic after the game, admitting that he just lost his temper. Baseball seems to have acknowledged that in the form of a very brief suspension, though there’s a fine too.
Navarro will really only have to miss one game for all practical purposes, seeing as how he’s a catcher and all and that the Rays can easily schedule a normal off-day for him. Still, you can’t go into battle with one catcher, so they had to make a roster move: Reliever Mike Ekstrom was optioned to Durham and catcher
Jose Lobaton recalled.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)