Apr 28, 2010, 1:23 PM EST
They’re underway with their nooner in Milwaukee, and it’s worth noting a couple of things:
- The roof is open despite the fact that the game time temperature is 55 degrees. MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy thinks it may be the coldest it’s ever been for the start of a game. He was going to say more about the weather, but that’s not baseball-related and I’m sure he doesn’t want to wind up in an MLB.com gulag;
- This is Bob Uecker’s last broadcast before his surgery tomorrow, so if you have MLB.tv’s radio feed thingie or are in the Milwaukee listening area, it’s definitely worth tuning in to send him off with a big audience.
By the way, the Pirates have jumped out in front with a two-run homer from Andy LaRoche.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 251
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (251)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)