Apr 28, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
They’re underway with their nooner in Milwaukee, and it’s worth noting a couple of things:
- The roof is open despite the fact that the game time temperature is 55 degrees. MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy thinks it may be the coldest it’s ever been for the start of a game. He was going to say more about the weather, but that’s not baseball-related and I’m sure he doesn’t want to wind up in an MLB.com gulag;
- This is Bob Uecker’s last broadcast before his surgery tomorrow, so if you have MLB.tv’s radio feed thingie or are in the Milwaukee listening area, it’s definitely worth tuning in to send him off with a big audience.
By the way, the Pirates have jumped out in front with a two-run homer from Andy LaRoche.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (128)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)