Apr 28, 2010, 2:29 PM EST
Nope. No, not them either. You should probably just stop guessing, because you probably won’t get it right:
The Cleveland Indians.
That’s right, according to a Nielsen survey which uses various keywords in an effort to determine whether people have positive, negative
or neutral reactions to different brands and product, the Cleveland Indians are the most despised team in the majors. The Red Sox are the second most-hated. The Yankees are fifth.
Which seems absolutely nuts to me, because compared to other teams, the Indians don’t register strong reactions among anyone, including their most passionate fans. I have to assume that something is deeply wrong with the study, and that a “neutral” reaction — which anyone not related to an actual member of the Cleveland Indians team should probably have with this team — is unfairly penalized.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15