Apr 28, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pfun Pfact, via FanGraphs: The White Sox, Indians, Athletics, Red Sox and Mariners have DHs that are hitting worse than the pitchers for the Astros and Diamondbacks. Pitchers for the Padres and Rockies are hitting better than the DHs for Boston and Seattle.
In other news, Jermaine Dye and Gary Sheffield are out of work for some reason,Jack Cust is playing in the minor leagues and Jim Thome blows a kiss to Ozzie Guillen from afar.
Some of this is likely to improve soon, of course. For one thing, Austin Kearns’ recent raking is likely to lead to more of him and less of Travis Hafner in Cleveland. Likewise, Terry Francona’s increasing comfort with pinch hitting for and simply not starting David Ortiz is the sort of thing that can snowball into something fun. Like, say, the Sox simply deciding that Mike Lowell is the better DH option and sending Big Papi packing.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)