Apr 28, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pfun Pfact, via FanGraphs: The White Sox, Indians, Athletics, Red Sox and Mariners have DHs that are hitting worse than the pitchers for the Astros and Diamondbacks. Pitchers for the Padres and Rockies are hitting better than the DHs for Boston and Seattle.
In other news, Jermaine Dye and Gary Sheffield are out of work for some reason,Jack Cust is playing in the minor leagues and Jim Thome blows a kiss to Ozzie Guillen from afar.
Some of this is likely to improve soon, of course. For one thing, Austin Kearns’ recent raking is likely to lead to more of him and less of Travis Hafner in Cleveland. Likewise, Terry Francona’s increasing comfort with pinch hitting for and simply not starting David Ortiz is the sort of thing that can snowball into something fun. Like, say, the Sox simply deciding that Mike Lowell is the better DH option and sending Big Papi packing.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8